Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

Probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
Yet one of the most joyous one as well.

  • Saying "goodbye" "See Y'all Later" to some of my most beloved friends and favorite people in the world.
  • Squealing "EEEEEEEEK" and waving my hands back and forth with Stina because of Wiebe.
  • Oh ya, I forgot a sliver of that heart...




I'll never forget the times I spent as a student at Jackson Hole Bible College.
The good, the bad, and sometimes even the ugly.
I learned so much more than how to study Greek, Hebrew, Church History, and Romans.
I learned how to live.
How to work hard and play harder (Mr. Pellerin).
How to love, laugh, cry, and grow.

Some of my dearest memories include, but are not limited to...
  • Late night euchre
  • Settler weekends with Tim, Shannon, Tom, and Izze
  • Teaching P.E. to a dozen wonderful young ladies
  • Hiking and skiing the pass
  • Shuttling the sick and maimed to the E.R.
  • Playing music at church
  • Long road trips (18 hour bus ride! Ya!)
  • Creating the perfect woman...
  • Blowing up water bottles in the guy's dorm - that I definitely didn't enter ;)
  • REPRESENT! JESUS!
  • Work days and country music
  • "What about Mars?!" complete with customized tees
  • I'M WEARING GREEN, YOU'RE WEARING GREEN, WE'RE ALL WEARING GREEN...I LOVE GREEN!!!!!!
  • Dancing the night away with Dance Master Caleb
  • "I'll tell you when you're older..."
  • Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholy, Phlegmatic 
  • "Shiprolouse!"



Mr. BAM Bot also lovingly gave a speech at graduation that pretty much sums up the school year.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"O LORD, You have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before, and lay You hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high;
I cannot attain it.
Where shall I go from Your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from You presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, You are there!
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there You hand shall lead me, and You right hand shall hold me...
For You formed my inward parts;
You knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are You works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you, When I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes say my unformed substance;
in Your book were written,
every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with You...
Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!
~~~~~~~~~Psalm 139:1-10, 13-18, 23-24~~~~~~~~~

1 comments:

Rachel said...

:'( I miss you guys so much! I can't believe it's already been a year... and that graduation for this year's students is only 4 days away.

Post a Comment